Managing Director of Jump Media Group Steve Walsh takes a break from the Caught My Eye Podcast to talk about his marketing business and his former life as a full time GB athlete.
Ken and Steve talk about many of the things involved with training, preparation and performing as an elite sportsperson and how this can translate to running a business and performing well in a career. They talk about talent vs practice, love of a "thing" vs having intrinsic drive and things such as "Deep work" and the "Laws of Harvest".
Finally, Steve talks about the team behind the performer and how he's always looking to draw on the expertise of others to learn, develop and grow, in sport and in running a business.
Jump Media Group are strong supporters of Digital Northampton and created this year's Merged Future website.
- Jump Media Group
- Steve on Linkedin
- Steve competing: Optional Routine, European Championships 2012 ( YouTube)
People mentioned and concepts discussed:
- Pete Lindsay (Psychologist) on Twitter
- Tracy Whittaker-Smith, Head National Coach ~ Trampoline Gymnastics at British Gymnastics on Linkedin
- "Deep Work - Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
Follow Digital Northampton:
- Twitter @DigiNorthampton
- Linkedin linkedin.com/company/digital-northampton
- Eventbrite eventbrite.co.uk/digital-northampton